Close

William & Kate Stand With King Charles After Prince Andrew’s Shocking Arrest!

Tiffany Brockworth |

Kate Middleton and Prince William are standing firmly behind King Charles as the royal family responds to the arrest of Prince Andrew.

A source told PEOPLE that the Prince and Princess of Wales fully support the King’s public statement following his brother’s arrest on Thursday. While William and Kate are not expected to release their own message, they are aligned with the Palace’s position that the matter should proceed through the proper legal channels.

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was taken into custody on his 66th birthday on suspicion of misconduct in public office at his residence on the Sandringham estate. Shortly after, King Charles, 77, addressed the situation in a statement issued by Buckingham Palace.

“I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office,” the monarch said. “What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities.”

He added, “They have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation. Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.”

Earlier this month, a spokesperson for the Prince and Princess of Wales said they were “deeply concerned” by continued revelations connected to Jeffrey Epstein. “Their thoughts remain focused on the victims,” the spokesperson shared.

Tags ·

Exit mobile version