Snoop Dogg is seeking to pull his company out of the legal fight over Drakeo The Ruler’s fatal stabbing.
The rapper’s LLC asked a judge to grant “summary judgment” in the wrongful death lawsuit filed by Drakeo’s brother, who sued in 2022 after the rapper was killed backstage at Once Upon a Time in L.A.
Drakeo, born Darrell Caldwell, was stabbed during a brawl at the Deccember 18, 2021, festival. He died the following day.
In the new motion, Snoop’s company says it did not run the festival, hire security, plan the event or control the area where the stabbing occurred. The declaration says the company had “no involvement in the 2021 Once Upon a Time in L.A. festival operations” and held no ownership or leasehold interest in Exposition Park.
Drakeo the Ruler on how his song “Talk To Me” with Drake came about
— Badnis (@coolmike00) May 13, 2026
“When I was in jail…I told you Drake did the song for me, I showed you the dm he said ‘I did a hook for you’…. He be tuned in” https://t.co/kTebXpTIn6 pic.twitter.com/obMurnBagd
Snoop’s team also says he was at the festival as a performer only and that the role was the “extent of his involvement.”
The lawsuit has accused event organizers and related parties of failing to provide proper security, calling the measures “woefully inadequate.” Live Nation, USC, Los Angeles FC, Bobby Dee Presents, and others were among the defendants named in the case, but USC, LAFC, and Bobby Dee Presents were dismissed earlier this year.
Drakeo’s killing has not led to any arrests, and police have not publicly named suspects. There has reportedly been very little cooperation from witnesses, despite footage captured by bystanders during the confusion backstage.
Drakeo was 28 at the time of his death.
