Matthew Perry’s Death Under Investigation Over Ketamine Level Found In His Blood

Tiffany Brockworth |

Los Angeles authorities have reportedly opened an investigation into Matthew Perry’s death after they discovered the level of ketamine found in his system that killed him.

The LAPD has teamed up with the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration and the U.S. Postal Inspection Service to look into why he had so much of the drug in his system.

Perry, the 54-year-old star of the 1990s hit show Friends, passed away in October after police found him lifeless inside the pool in his Hollywood home. An autopsy later confirmed that Perry died of “acute effects of ketamine”

“Drowning contributes due to the likelihood of submersion into the pool as he lapsed into unconsciousness; coronary artery disease contributes due to exacerbation of ketamine-induced myocardial effects on the heart,” the report read. “Buprenorphine effects are listed as contributory, even though not at toxic levels, due to the additive respiratory effects when present with high levels of ketamine. Autopsy shows no fatal blunt or penetrating trauma.”

“There were trace amounts of ketamine detected in the stomach contents,” the autopsy report stated. “He was reported to be receiving ketamine infusion therapy for depression and anxiety.”

Tags ·

For Comments Click Here